Spine Surgery: Types, Procedure, Various Treatment Options Available in India
Many people suffer from back problems like a herniated disc, spondylosis, scoliosis, chronic back pain, or spinal stenosis. Consulting an orthopedic doctor can help them get the right treatment. Continue reading to know more about the various treatment options available in India, the various types of spine surgery, and the procedure.
Various Treatment Options
Most spine problems settle down within a few weeks with home remedies and basic pain-relieving medications. However, for persistent and severe pain, doctors might recommend other treatment options, a few of which include the following:
- Medications: Besides over-the-counter pain relievers, doctors might prescribe muscle relaxants, antidepressants, narcotics, topical pain relievers, and steroids.
- Physical Therapy: Patients may be referred to a physiotherapist who can teach them exercises to strengthen their back, enhance their posture and flexibility. Exercising regularly can help keep pain at bay. Even in the case that the pain returns, physical therapists can educate patients on ways to modify their movements to avoid flaring symptoms.
- Procedures: Some of the common procedures recommended for severe spine problems are cortisone injections, nerve stimulator implants, and radiofrequency neurotomy.
- Surgery: If none of these treatments work, patients can benefit from surgery at the best hospital for spine surgery in India.
Spine Surgery: Types and Procedure
Spine surgeries are the last resort to treat unrelenting pain related to progressive muscle weakness or radiating leg pain caused due to nerve compression. Such procedures are generally advised for pain associated with structural problems that haven’t responded to other treatments.
- Discectomy: This is a common surgical procedure that involves removing the herniated part of the intervertebral disc that is pressurizing the nerve root or spinal column. The goal is to address numbness, pain, weakness, mobility problems, or balance issues.
- Laminectomy: In this surgical procedure, a part of the lamina or the whole of it is removed. This is done to reduce spinal cord compression and is a common treatment for spinal stenosis.
- Spinal Fusion: This procedure connects two or more vertebrae to treat scoliosis, herniated disc, or spinal instability.
- Kyphoplasty: This surgery is done using special cement and a balloon for bone stability. It is a procedure done to restore height to the compressed vertebrae.
Also Read more about ENT Doctors in Mumbai and get your treatment done efficiently.
This is Aryan, I am a professional SEO Expert & Write for us technology blog and submit a guest post on different platforms- Technoohub provides a good opportunity for content writers to submit guest posts on our website. We frequently highlight and tend to showcase guests